A: Yes. However to protect your privacy, other than your name, EDF will not disclose any of your
personal details such as your address or telephone number to students without your prior consent. If your student wishes to contact you, EDF will act as an intermediary. If you be happy to be contacted by your student, please forward your contact details to them.
After you have made a donation EDF will send you:
1. A Donation Receipt
After each donation is received and processed a receipt will be posted or emailed to you, usually within seven days. Thai residents should keep receipts safe for the annual tax deductions.
2. Scholarship student package (Only for full scholarship donation donors)
If you are sponsoring a full student scholarship, you will receive a package containing a photo and profile as well as a letter from the student, with translation in English.
3. From time to time EDF will send you information to keep you up to date about the charity and our work, as well as invitations to support other campaigns, appeals and initiatives we may undertake.
• who are currently studying in Grade 6 and would like to continue their education at Grades 7-9
• whose annual household income is less than 50,000-70,000 baht
• whose parents are not government officials or employees of a public enterprise, or do not have permanent employments
• who have a strong sense of responsibility and display a high level of social awareness and good behaviour
Upper Secondary/Vocational Scholarships are for students:
• whose households are impoverished but would like to continue their education at upper secondary level
• who have good behaviour and whose lower secondary GPA is no less than 2.75
• who have a strong sense of responsibility and display a high level of social awareness and good behavior
• whose parents are not government officials or employees of a public enterprise, or do not have a permanent employments
• who are not being supported by any other upper secondary/vocational scholarship
Scholarship for Students with Disabilities are for students:
• who, despite their physical disability/underdevelopment, possess sufficient communicative and learning ability
• whose household is impoverished but parents would like to enroll him/her into an inclusive school
Scholarship for Orphaned Students in 3 Violence-Affected Southernmost Provinces are for students:
• who are currently studying and would like to continue their schooling in the three violence-affected southernmost provinces
• have lost the family’s primary breadwinner as a result of the violence in the areas
We follow a rigid selection procedures as outlined below:
1. Participating schools set up a Scholarship Committee to be responsible for getting scholarshipapplications from within their school
2. These applications are then sent to EDF for approval
3. EDF screens the applications for eligibility against a strict set of criteria
4. EDF selects a final shortlist of applications
5. Together with local Provincial Committee, EDF completes random home visits to verify their suitability and confirm the authenticity of information submitted before the award is confirmed
Over the years we have learnt just how much students love to receive letters, gifts and messages of encouragements from their sponsors. While there is no obligation on the sponsor, we encourage you to do so, especially at the start of the schools year and on the students at birthday.
If you wish to send correspond but are not able to for any reason we are here to help. For
more information or specific inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com
1. Make a bank transfer or give us your credit card details, or
2. Visit any counter service points displaying this sign “Counter Service" ,presenting the barcode displayed on the donation form to the staff, and informing the person of the amount you wish to donate together with your telephone number.
To complete the process, you can post, fax or email the pay-in slip/Counter Service receipt together with a completed donation form to EDF.
Postal mail The Education for Development Foundation (EDF)
Kasetsart University Alumni Building , 3rd Floor
50 Phaholyothin Road, Jatujak
Bangkok 10900, THAILAND
Your monthly donation amount will be automatically withdrawn from your credit card account around the 30th day of each month until the total donation amount is fully paid. The transaction will appear on your statement as "EDF Donation"
Yes, we have accounts with three major banks. In each case the Account Name is ‘The
Education for Development Foundation’ and the Bank Name, Branch Names, Account Numbers are:
Siam Commercial Bank Ngamwongwan Branch 319-2-77744-8
Bangkok Bank Bangken Branch 161-456698-0
Kasikorn Bank Bangken Branch 070-2-45369-0
After making a donation at a bank, please fax (+662-940-5266) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the pay-in slip and your contact information (preferably together with a donation form) to us.
Sign up for EDF News
The Education for Development Foundation (EDF)
Kasetsart University Alumni Building , 3rd Floor 50 Phaholyothin Road, Jatujak, Bangkok 10900 THAILAND
Tel.(02)5799209 to 11 | Fax. (02)9405266 | Email. email@example.com
Connect with EDF
The Education for Development Foundation (EDF) was established in 1987 and was officially registered as a charitable organization No.255 under the laws of Thailand.Your donation to support any of EDF scholarship programs and development projects can be tax-exempted to the full extent allowed by Thai laws.